|The Riskiest Jobs
Workplace Violence Risk Factors
Types of Workplace Violence
Prevention of Workplace Violence
Warning Signs to Look for in Employees
Common Traits of Violent Workers
What Should Management Do?
How to Protect Yourself
Once you think that an employee may become violent, there are many steps that you can take, such as:
- Sit down and talk to the employee. Say things like, ?How is your job going?? or ?Is there anything that I can do to help you or to make your job better??
- Ask other employees how they are doing as well. Maybe many people are feeling the same way, you just don?t know about it.
- If you are not the person?s manager, ask their manager for suggestions.
- Don't try to counsel the employee this is not your job. Refer the employee to the proper person that can handle this situation.
- Make sure that you report this person to the proper people. You may not be sure that the person may become violent, but it?s better to be safe than sorry.